Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas in Houston

After we left Gramps' and Grandma's house we went home and I finally got to sleep in my cozy bed. But when I woke up mommy and daddy told me we were going to Houston to see PaPaw and Grandma and my favorite (and only) cousin Damon and Aunt Erin. I was really really excited. We loaded up in the truck and I had fun playing with my new Elmo and Farmer. But I got bored and started to whine, so mommy and daddy decided it'd be a good time to turn my carseat around. Can you believe it, it was the best thing ever! The view was so cool, I could finally see where we were going, not just where we had been. Plus I could put my feet up on the backs of their seats. This was so awesome but it was a long ride and I got a little bit tired. Mommy snapped this picture of me catching some zzzz's before the excitement of my 2nd Christmas!

When we got there Aunt Erin had really missed me so she scouped me up and was going to help me open up some of my presents.

But before we started I heard some strange barking noises. PaPaw said that they had puppies! Look how cute they are! I wasn't sure what to think of them at first though, I've only seen big puppies like my monster dog Noah. These were so tiny.

I just had to touch one.

After that we started opening presents. Can you believe I got another Elmo! This Elmo is soft and cuddly, mommy likes putting her hand in it and making him tickle me.

Hey guys lets go play some football! Daddy said we could play after we finished opening presents.

My cousin Damon helped me open the rest up. I got lots of books, one of them was an Elmo too! More bath toys and look I'm all ready for deer season.

I got some farm animals but mommy said they'd have to wait until I was a bigger boy because I tend to put things in my mouth still and these had lots of little pieces.

But one of my favorite toys is my wooden shape sorter that Grandma got for me. It's just so much fun and I can play with it all day.

Mommy says that its a good toy because it helps me with my coordination, colors and shapes.
I just like it because its fun.

After all the presents were opened, we got the puppies out again.
He's so tiny, this is my size of a puppy dog.

Damon got a scooter for Christmas but he let me and my daddy play with it. This is so much fun, I can see why he wanted one.

I didn't want to get off so I made daddy push me around for a good 15 minutes.

After riding on the scooter daddy and Uncle Chad went outside to play catch. Well they were being silly and daddy fell into the pool trying to make a catch. Silly daddy don't you know its too cold to go swimming!

It was close to bedtime and Damon said I could sleep in his train tent with him if I wanted to. It was so neat, there were 2 ways to get in and out of it. We played hide and seek in it for awhile.

After a long day of fun, I got into my jammies and we got the puppies out to say good night to them.I didn't want to go to bed that night, Daddy and Uncle Chad were still up so I wanted to play with them. Daddy said I could stay up with them so Chad and I hung out on the couch, but I just couldn't help it and I fell asleep. I guess Uncle Chad was tired too 'cause so did he.

I had a fun time in Houston getting to see my PaPaw, Grandma, Aunt Erin, Uncle Chad, Uncle Boy and Damon. I miss them a lot so it was very nice of mommy and daddy to let me come down to see them. Best of all I got lots of fun toys from them. This was a great Christmas, I can't wait for next year!

No comments: